LearnKey: Safe Schools
LearnKey offers two series of online learning resources for the classroom which support Canada’s Safe Schools initiative. These courses are designed for Junior to Senior level K–12 students.
These unique programs are available on a customized portal for your school or district on an easy to use online platform. Each portal has a secure built in Learning Management System to help you manage the online “classroom.” Set up various groups for classrooms, progressive discipline programs or fit any unique need. Contact us for complimentary review access to any of these materials.
The Managing Emotions bundle is designed to help teach the critical lessons surrounding Bullying and how to take steps towards dealing with this important issue. In eight individual short courses, students are exposed to various situations, encouraged to look at underlying issues and guided in building positive character skills.
Shadowbox Learning has authored an accompanying “Guide for Educators” for the Managing Emotions series (available electronically at no extra charge).
- Bullying: You Don’t Have to Take it Anymore
- Emotional Self-Control: Do You Have It?
- Expressing Anger: Healthy vs. Unhealthy
- Hurting With Words
- No Excuses: Sexual Harassment
- Stressed Out: Stress Management 101
- Violence In Our Schools: Over the Edge
Career Readiness / Safety Online:
With the Career Readiness/Safety Online bundle, students will learn skills that are essential to their personal success as well as staying safe online.
- Business Ethics on the Job
- Know Your Talents
- Making a Good Impression: Resumes, Interviews, and Appearance
- Matching Your Skills, Talents, and Ambitions to a Dream Career
- Ten Easy Ways to KEEP Your Job
- The Seven Competency Skills for the Workplace
- What is Your Attitude? Getting in the Mood to Work
- Workplace Etiquette: Why Being Polite Counts on the Job
- B Careful When U TXT: The Dangers of Texting and Sexting
- Me and My 500 “Friends”: Staying Safe on Social Networks
- The Dangers of Sexting: What Teens Need to Know
- Think Before You Click: Playing It Safe Online
To view the full line of LearnKey courses please see the LearnKey Product List page.