Whether you are looking for a part-time job, a full-time summer job, or the beginning of a career, you must master certain skills in order to be successful. And once you've landed the job, what then? Even after impressing the employer with a good resume or a strong interview, you must understand basic workplace etiquette and proper employee behavior in order to keep the job that you worked so hard to attain. The Making a Good Impression: Resumes, Interviews, and Appearance course aims to prepare job-seekers for the challenging and exciting world of employment by guiding them through the steps of the job search. The course follows several young people as they start new jobs, from discovering openings to writing resumes and cover letters to interviews and follow-ups. Along the way, important employee skills will be stressed.
- Basic resume formatting and writing, presenting even minimal experience in an impressive light
- Write a specific, personal cover letter
- Techniques to find job openings suited to particular skills and interests
- Interview for a job in a self-confident, practiced manner (including appropriate dress and other tips)
- Follow up with potential employers by telephone or letter
Product ID # 062561